NEW MOM care
The physical and emotional demands of pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period can leave many new moms (and dads) exhausted and depleted. Families often do not have extended families nearby or available to help during this unique time period, and many new parents have a limited time at home before needing to return to work. Physical recovery, learning to feed and care for an infant, and lack of sleep are just some of the reasons that new parents often feel unprepared and overwhelmed.
Visiting Care Giving Services can help new families feel supported and gain the confidence they need by offering care for both mom and baby, from just a few hours to overnight care. We provide the reassurance, knowledgeable support and extra pair of helping hands new moms and dads need.
New Mom Care Services
When you decide care is needed, we will meet with your family and prepare a customized, flexible plan based on what you need. Some of the services we offer to new families include:
- Home health visits for women on bedrest during pregnancy and postpartum after hospital discharge
- Overnight baby care to help mom to get more rest
- Baby weight checks
- Breastfeeding guidance and support, including education regarding breast pumps
- Baby care including diaper changing, feeding and dressing
- Additional nursing care upon request
We also offer help supporting the household so that mom can focus on caring for herself and her baby:
- Meal planning and preparation
- Light household chores
- Running errands
- And more